Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Finds

I was on a mission Friday; fabulous finds. I was inspired by Kristina @ The Purple Pea, she had a great find of a sweet tea pot that cost more in elbow grease than money!
I started at Target, only because I had a gift card from Christmas to use. I found three small pillows for $3.74 each. I love the white one with the green embroidery and green satin ribbon. The other two are fine and will help on the daybed.

Next I found this monkey night light. He was $3 and change, so in the basket he went. He is a rechargeable night light. They also had a blue bird, but it was still regular price at $12 something. (When we have a child, and if it is a boy, then I have a whole animal theme planned. No decor planned if it is a girl, yet. See the fertility doc on Tuesday - fingers crossed for good test results.)
Next I found this necklace. It was marked down from $9.99 to $6.98. I was still on an acquisition buzz when I took this picture, so I didn't try real hard for a good shot.
After work I went to my favorite home consignment shop. I had been on the hunt for a dresser for the blue room. I didn't find a dresser, but did find these two pictures for the house.

A great thing about this shop is that you get 10% off the price every 30 days and I have a shopper card, so I get an additional 5% off. YIPPEEE!

The first picture is pretty big. I had only seen it in smaller sizes and really like it on a larger scale. The second picture is in tribute to my girls - Daisy, Zoe and Guinness. I collect bulldog statues and pictures. (I hate the word figurines, not sure if statue is the right word...)
Anyway, the frame on this is worth WAY more than I paid for the whole picture.

I was still on a find "high" on Saturday, so we went to the once a month antique show. It was fine, not many bargains. I did buy these two prints from an old book. I think they will look nice once they are matted and framed. (Another one of my things - Bees!)

I am off now to figure out where to hang my finds and clean the house. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

Looks like you got the bug sister! Good job on these steals! Isn't such a good feeling? I'm completely addicted :)